FORMULA LIMITED WARRANTY
Each Formula boat is covered by a combination of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and extended warranties providing comprehensive coverage for most parts and accessories, including drive train components, for a full five years. Two key differences between Formula’s warranty coverage and its competitors’:
“Exclusionary” coverage – all components and accessories, unless specifically excluded in the Terms & Conditions, are covered for 5 years. No more denied claims due to terminology or inadvertent omissions in the policy language.
Premium coverage benefits – increased limits of liability and travel time, haul out allowances, coverage remains in affect for 5 years regardless of dollars paid in claims*
Below is a brief summary of coverage.* Please refer to the Formula Limited Warranty document for the detailed Warranty Statement, including Terms & Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions.
- One (1) year — Aesthetic issues with any component if attributable to defects in materials or workmanship
- Two (2) years — Cabinetry manufactured and/or assembled by FORMULA BOATS. *
- Two (2) years — Canvas products manufactured by FORMULA BOATS (e.g., cockpit covers).
- Two (2) years — Gel coat finish, to include protection against osmotic blistering, air voids, and crazing/cracking.
- Two (2) years — Painted graphics (not bottom paint) and clear coat finishes.
- Five (5) years — Cockpit upholstery items manufactured by FORMULA BOATS.
- Five (5) years — Equipment and accessories NOT manufactured by FORMULA BOATS; Major equipment and accessories NOT manufactured by FORMULA BOATS (e.g., engines, outdrives, generators, navigational electronics, etc.) shall be covered by the respective original equipment manufacturers’ warranties – periods generally ranging from one (1) to five (5) years – and thereafter by the Formula Limited Warranty for a combined total of five (5) years.
- Ten-years (10) — Hull and deck structure. Structural elements include fiberglass, fiberglass-reinforced stringers, matrix grid systems, bulkheads, and pultrusions.
*The limited warranties pertaining to cabinetry, canvas, gel coat, painted graphics and cockpit upholstery shall commence one year from the date of delivery to the original wholesale (i.e., dealer) purchaser or from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser, whichever date comes first.
**All propulsion systems and ancillary components have 5 years’ warranty coverage administered by either the components’ respective manufacturer directly (e.g., Ilmor and Volvo gas packages, Seakeeper gyros), or via a combination of the manufacturer (e.g., Mercury/MerCruiser and Volvo Penta diesel packages) and a third-party administrator.
***The ten (10) year Warranty on hull and deck structure does not cover or include any other components fastened or applied to the hull or deck, mechanical or otherwise – those components are covered by their own specific warranties as noted above.